Posted on August 28, 2013
Around here we have lots of broken crayons. We used to just throw them out, but recently we found a way to salvage those broken pieces, making them into a whole new crayon creation.
1. Remove all the paper off of the broken crayons
2. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
3. Arrange broken pieces in the pan in the color scheme you would like
4. Put in 200 degree pre-heated oven until melted (about 5 min.)
5. Take pan out of oven and let cool for a few minutes at room temp, then place the pan in the freezer until solidified.
With school starting up again, this would make an easy, fun art project!
Do you have other ideas for using up broken crayons?